HIPAA

View Only

Latest Discussion Posts

• Oh yes, they have to do that.  As well as if the insurance company provides us with a faxed request, it must include those.  The only issue we are struggling with is the admit date they give is not correct. ------------------------------ Tara Yeaton, ...

• And in addition to Frank's response, since there's been chatter lately about proper "identity verification", I would make sure your process includes confirming the member/patient's full name, DOB along with taking the admit date prior to releasing the ...

• Tara...I think you are solidly on the right track.  A question to answer is what is the objective or purpose served by disclosing the information with the insurance company.  Based on your description, I see where you can conclude this falls into TPO.  ...

• We (a hospital HIM dept) get a lot of phone calls from insurance companies each day for discharge dates or to know if the patient is still in house.  HIM asks for the admit date and then provides the info.  But if the admit date doesn't match, we ask ...

• Brenda, We had to address this at the beginning of the pandemic, for claims processing and other admin tasks. We had them submit an additional privacy & security plan for the remote work to us, which we evaluated and I believe we asked for one or two ...