HIPAA

View Only

Polls

Latest Discussion Posts

• Hi Scott, The areas I have blocked out are the insurance company's name, address, phone number and agency manager's name. The address side would contain the name and address of the insured. The postcard would identify the name and demographics ...

• Hi Alexander, In addition to the name and address on the postcard, it does confirm the recipient is an insured as it states "It's important that we speak with you regarding your insurance." However, that statement along with the insured's name ...

• Hi Allison, Yes, your comments helped a lot! The postcard does state "It's important that we speak with you regarding your insurance." The postcard is not a solicitation as it does confirm that the individual is insured with us; however, other ...

• IMO, it is a close call.  There is no question that we have identifiers.  The question is whether we have relates to the past, present or future health (or in this case with an insurance company, payment for healthcare) care of the identified individual. ...

• I agree with Alexander. A name and address of the recipient are PHI identifiers, but if there is no other health related information included in the postcard and truly states that the health plan is only trying to "reach the member", then I also agree ...