HIPAA

Latest Discussion Posts

• GAO Audit Finds HHS Information Security Program "Not Effective" The latest GAO audit of HHS' information security program against FISMA standards found multiple flaws, including failure to implement continuous monitoring in select operating divisions. ...

• I want to thank this group for your valuable insights.  It is very helpful - just like this group!​ ------------------------------ Barbara Zubeck Dir, Audit & Compliance Truman Medical Centers Kansas City,MO ------------------------------

• I believe the purpose is often the catalyst for a CE to designate as a hybrid CE. ------------------------------ Anthony Ambrose, MBA, CHC, CHPC Compliance Officer Service Access and Management, Inc. Lewisburg, PA ------------------------------

• does not the purpose of the exam play into this scenario? The SANE (Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner) is performing the examination in addition to the provider who examines and treats the patient. The purpose of the SANE examination is to collect evidence ...

• This is a good discussion.  I think there are a lot of factors, such as Anthony's mentioning of identifying the "program that performs the [SANE] exams."    For example, in my community's situation, the hospital does not conduct the SANE exams.  The ...