Chief Compliance and Ethics Officers Healthcare

Latest Discussion Posts

• Post from the HIPAA group for those who may not have seen: The comment period for the HIPAA Privacy Rule NPRM published in the January 21st Federal Register has been paused for 60 days. Unless the proposed rule is withdrawn (which is quite possible), ...

1 person recommends this.
  • Thank you Natalie.  Saved me the effort of going out there and getting it.  I appreciate it. ------------------------------ Lloyd Hemmert Compliance & Ethics Officer Hill Country MHDD Centers Kerrville,TX [lhemmert@hillcountry.org] ----------------- ...

• Good Morning, In today's Federal Register, "Proposed Modifications to the HIPAA Privacy Rule To Support, and Remove Barriers to, Coordinated Care and Individual Engagement :  https://www.govinfo.gov/content/pkg/FR-2021-01-21/pdf/2020-27157.pdf?utm_campaign=subscription+mailing+list&utm_source=federalregister.gov&utm_medium=email ...

1 person recommends this.
  • We do "sealed bids" The items are put out for employees to see and they can put a bid inside a sealed container-usually goes for 1 week so there is a chance for all to bid if they wish $ goes to the foundation. Thank you, Sharon Taylor, ...

• One hospital I worked for did a silent auction on the unwanted hospital items and all the money went to the foundation. At another hospital I worked for the volunteers had an annual garage sale where employees could bring unwanted items and the hospital ...