Chief Compliance and Ethics Officers Healthcare

View Only

Polls

Latest Discussion Posts

• Thank you all for your responses. ------------------------------ Rachel Anderson, MSN, RN, CHC ------------------------------

• Personally I don't think that sounds like a compliance function and I wouldn't agree to have compliance take on that responsibility for other departments / non-compliance policies. If there is an exception process for a policy that should be detailed ...

• A couple thoughts in addition to what has already been shared: 1) Policy exceptions should be documented. I like to have a form for the policy owner to use to document each exception (which can help ensure all the right information is captured, including ...

• I agree with Timothy. Our patient portal account is deactivated once the patient is identified as deceased. All medical record requests must go through HIM and meet policy and state requirements for appropriate release. ------------------------------ ...

• We do have a process for anyone who expires in our acute setting or for those we are notified of in the ambulatory setting. We revoke access to both proxy and patient as we would need updated executorship paperwork if the patient's executor or executrix ...