CHPC Candidate Group

Latest Discussion Posts

• I would agree with most everyone else.  Written or typed alone on a blank piece of paper - no PHI.  If on healthcare system/hospital/clinic letterhead or along with another identifier - yes is PHI.​ ------------------------------ Ann Dunham MBA, SPHR, ...

• What a good question.  I can go both ways on this.  MRN is one of the individual identifiers, but it also identifies medical information in the record.  In this case, yes it is PHI.  On the other hand, if i found the paper on the floor in a supermarket, ...

• Guessing D - RIGHT to request restrictions, but might not be able to be honored (?) ------------------------------ Marie Wagner, CHC, CHRC Operations Manager, Corporate Compliance The Queen's Health Systems Honolulu, HI ----------------------------- ...

• The MRN is an identifier and it would indicate the individual is a patient and has at least received some sort of care (past).  So, on one hand I'd say it's PHI in that respect.  However, unless you have the key to that MRN or can look up the MRN you ...

• Videos are great!  I welcome any learning method!​ ------------------------------ Melanie Schoonover, MS, CRC, CHC Quality Assurance Supervisor ------------------------------